Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arttext

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Anybody else? Similar experiences?
Both Filmic pro (FP) and MoviePro (MP) act weird on my X 64 GB iOS 11.1.2 . Most of the time they start up with only a black screen, albeit with their buttons visible.
MP freezes or an error shows
FP runs (rarely) sometimes and then crashes again without error announcement.
Less elaborate video apps and the X’s native camera (video) work fine.

Attachments

• 13BA9BB9-383D-4B53-B3E1-B5B3B2216264.jpeg
    13BA9BB9-383D-4B53-B3E1-B5B3B2216264.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 383

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
The developers need to update their apps. Such error messages are a no no in terms of good development practice anyway.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Both Filmic pro (FP) and MoviePro (MP) act weird on my X 64 GB iOS 11.1.2 . Most of the time they start up with only a black screen, albeit with their buttons visible.
Filmic Pro was updated for iPhone X a few hours ago. Have you tried updating it?

arttext

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Filmic Pro was updated for iPhone X a few hours ago. Have you tried updating it?

This morning early, yes, (6.3.2. (Build 824)but still the same issues. I also participate in Filmic's beta program.
It drives me totally nuts, these are not, like cheap apps. And the iPhone and 11.1 are there for some time now.
day Just because I had to do stuff today I purchased 'Mavis'which worked fine but cost ma another €19 plus a new learning curve.
I have 34 gig free memory so, that's not an issue, although, in hindsight I should've bought the 256 gb X

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
This morning early, yes, (6.3.2. (Build 824)but still the same issues. I also participate in Filmic's beta program.
It drives me totally nuts, these are not, like cheap apps. And the iPhone and 11.1 are there for some time now.
day Just because I had to do stuff today I purchased 'Mavis'which worked fine but cost ma another €19 plus a new learning curve.
I have 34 gig free memory so, that's not an issue, although, in hindsight I should've bought the 256 gb X
If you are working with video, I'd agree the more storage, the better.

gahig ulo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2017
riverside california
filmic pro is working fine with my X.maybe delete na app and reinstall?

arttext

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
filmic pro is working fine with my X.maybe delete na app and reinstall?

Well, call me silly, but tonight; I didn’t reinstall anything (for the zillionth time) late, I tried it again and suddenly both apps worked fine. Not an iOS update, nor the apps, but something must have been going on in the background (which is kinda scary too). So I could cancel my scheduled help call with Apple support...

arttext

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Well, call me silly, but tonight; I didn’t reinstall anything (for the zillionth time) late, I tried it again and suddenly both apps worked fine. Not an iOS update, nor the apps, but something must have been going on in the background (which is kinda scary too). So I could cancel my scheduled help call with Apple support...

Aaaand this morning it didn’t work again:
The whole issue drove me nuts. Apple advised me to make a clean install on a ‘new iphone’ with only FilmicPro and Moviepro installed.
And they worked flawlessly. And from then on (I spent a f*king day and half on this issue now) I started to install my apps, one at the time.
I have MFI hearing aids and when I shoot video I disengage bluetooth, since the recording sound through my hearing aids bothers me.
And then FilmicPro crashed again. When I re-engaged BT it worked again. I can reproduce the issue all the time on my iPhone X 64GB.
And don’t know who the culprit is, iOS, your app or the iPhone, but this is not acceptable, of course.
I also notified Apple of this issue.

arttext

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Aaaand this morning it didn’t work again:
The whole issue drove me nuts. Apple advised me to make a clean install on a ‘new iphone’ with only FilmicPro and Moviepro installed.
And they worked flawlessly. And from then on (I spent a f*king day and half on this issue now) I started to install my apps, one at the time.
I have MFI hearing aids and when I shoot video I disengage bluetooth, since the recording sound through my hearing aids bothers me.
And then FilmicPro crashed again. When I re-engaged BT it worked again. I can reproduce the issue all the time on my iPhone X 64GB.
And don’t know who the culprit is, iOS, your app or the iPhone, but this is not acceptable, of course.
I also notified Apple of this issue.
[doublepost=1511466462][/doublepost]I found the culprit; I am one of 4 worldwide FilmicPro users who has MFI (made for iphone hearing aides). In order to use them, one has to switch on the service in settings/accessibility. And that’s where it goes wrong. It took me a day and half to figure this out. Filmic is now working on a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.