Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricenola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2023
I'm trying to mirror my Macbook Air screen onto my Hisense TV and nothing is working. I've tried using an HDMI cable and my tv screen goes black and when I select my TV on Display my computer screen crashes. This HDMI cable works fine with the same tv and other devices. Also tried three different mirror apps. When I try to connect via an app after checking both TV and Mac are connected to the same network, both the computer and tv engage but somehow the connection fails after a few seconds on all three apps. Has this happened to anyone? Any help please?

ricenola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2023
Thanks for replying! I am trying to connect a Macbook Air with Ventura 13.2 to a Hisense TV Vidaa using a certified cable and adapter. While using the cable, the tv screen just went black. I selected my tv from Display and my computer screen froze. Since that didn't work, I tried connecting via different mirror screening apps. In all cases both devices "found" each other, connected and after a few seconds disconnected. Then a message of "Connection Error" appeared on my tv. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'm trying to mirror my Macbook Air screen onto my Hisense TV and nothing is working. I've tried using an HDMI cable and my tv screen goes black and when I select my TV on Display my computer screen crashes. This HDMI cable works fine with the same tv and other devices. Also tried three different mirror apps. When I try to connect via an app after checking both TV and Mac are connected to the same network, both the computer and tv engage but somehow the connection fails after a few seconds on all three apps. Has this happened to anyone? Any help please?
Try a different HDMI input on your TV.
What kind of USB-C to HDMI adapter are you using?

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Have another TV? Or monitor with HDMI? That way we could rule out the cables/adapters. Also, stupid question... do you happen to own an AppleTV box?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.