Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericmjl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Hi guys,

I didn't know where else to turn to for a community resource help, so I've come here.

My K100D suddenly flatered on me tonight. I suddenly wasn't able to shoot any photos while my flash was turned on. When I turned it off, I could shoot photos, but when it's on, I couldn't. Does anybody have a similar problem? Or does anybody know where I can find answers to this? I've e-mailed Pentax Canada about this already, but I don't know what else I can do.

seahawk09

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
Canada
Hey Eric,

If I may ask what type of flash are you using on your camera, if it's an older style flash it may not be compatable with your K100D.:)

ericmjl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Built-in Flash Doesn't Work

It's the built-in flash that's not working. I sure hope it isn't a burnout... >.<

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
Something similar happened to my film rebel. I had to send it in for servicing because a pin that resides under the flash got stuck. It was very odd.

ericmjl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Something similar happened to my film rebel. I had to send it in for servicing because a pin that resides under the flash got stuck. It was very odd.

Mmm... that gives me a bit more hope. Thanks for your reply, Jim! Did it cost you a lot to get it serviced? And did it take long as well?

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
Mmm... that gives me a bit more hope. Thanks for your reply, Jim! Did it cost you a lot to get it serviced? And did it take long as well?

It was covered under warranty and took about a week, although the service center for Canon was about 10 miles from my house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.