Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

williah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2014
Right from the start let me say I'm one who doesn't want to use iCloud.

I was finally able to connect my iPhone to iCal on my computer using CalDav in OSX Server. The problem is that iCal now seems to be syncing between two different sets of entries.

Upon syncing my iPhone for the first time all my phone calendar entries appeared (yeah!). The next sync everything disappeared. I created several test entries on this new "blank" calendar, trying to see what happened.

Upon the next sync (I have it set to every 5 min for now), these new entries disappeared and all my original entries and phone entries returned. Now my iCal alternates between these 2 sets of entries; the original ones and the ones created when the "blank" set is up.

An extra-funny part is that my iPhone now lists both sets: the original entries and the blank entries.

Does anyone know what's happening, or at least have a theory of what might be happening? I'm assuming it's created a second file and is toggling between the two as neither set losing created entries.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.