Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goeslikestink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
SoCal USA
I have a small office with a Windows 7 PC being used as our server. I have no issue seeing and accessing the server from my iMac but recently I've run into a huge problem that is crippling my work. On my iMac I open "server" in finder (it shows up in the shared column of Finder), I navigate to an important parent folder (Call it "design folder"), this "design" folder contains dozens of organized folders, I choose one of these folders and start scrolling through it. Within 15-30 seconds Finder instantly directs back to the parent "design" folder and only 1/3rd of the dozens of folders in that parent folder are visible. Another 15 seconds and sometimes all the contents reappear. I am unable to view an open folder in the parent "design" folder for any length of time over 15-30 seconds. My partner who is working on a PC does not have this issue. Now some days I have no issue with this happening and some days it never ends!

-The server PC and all networked computers are connected together via a gigabit switch. Only my mac has this issue.
-Wireless router is connected to the gigabit switch
-Windows 7 PC server has "sharing" correctly enabled for the "server" folder and all info contained within.
-I have tried restarting many times

What in the world is going on?
[doublepost=1458163358][/doublepost]I am running OSX 10.11.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.