Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vladimpaler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
Hello everyone!

My Ipad now shows a part of the screen in these psychedelic colours. The device was not dropped and wasn’t damaged in any other way. It might be a coincidence but an evening earlier I have installed iOS 13.4 and then next morning when I opened the Ipad I saw the issue. I have tried resetting it and also downgraded it back to 13.3.1 but it didn’t help. The strip changes colour depending and slightly flickers sometimes.
Model: Ipad 10.5 Pro 2018

Has anyone encountered such an issue?

I would really appreciate any suggestions before going to a repair shop.

IMG_1501.jpg IMG_1503.jpg IMG_1502.jpg

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hello everyone!

My Ipad now shows a part of the screen in these psychedelic colours. The device was not dropped and wasn’t damaged in any other way. It might be a coincidence but an evening earlier I have installed iOS 13.4 and then next morning when I opened the Ipad I saw the issue. I have tried resetting it and also downgraded it back to 13.3.1 but it didn’t help. The strip changes colour depending and slightly flickers sometimes.
Model: Ipad 10.5 Pro 2018

Has anyone encountered such an issue?

I would really appreciate any suggestions before going to a repair shop.

View attachment 901994 View attachment 901995 View attachment 901996
Talk to Apple Support about the display issue.

vladimpaler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
Your display is failing. Sometimes an update can cause hardware failure to progress quickly.
Is there a way to diagnose it? I have tried to google similar issue but much expect for loose display connector.
[automerge]1585490051[/automerge]
Talk to Apple Support about the display issue.
I did, they cannot advise much over the phone and the stores are closed for now.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
For what it's worth and as a last resort, there are videos out there that show gently twisting the iPad as well as tapping the back of the case at the edges sometimes fixes similar display issues. Though how permanently, I can only guess. The implication is a loose or poor internal display connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Septembersrain

vladimpaler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
For what it's worth and as a last resort, there are videos out there that show gently twisting the iPad as well as tapping the back of the case at the edges sometimes fixes similar display issues. Though how permanently, I can only guess. The implication is a loose or poor internal display connection.
Thanks for the advice. I have tried it but with no result, unfortunately.

Cotoiuseller

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2020
Vladimpaler in the end did you resolve the problem?! Please let me know , i just got the same yesterday.

Natzoo

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
That’s terrible. I doubt they that they cover the repair since I am out of warranty. When I checked, the repair cost was around 400. It’s too much for something I have no relation to.
On my current mbp, it has AppleCare+ and the display has backlight bleed and they won’t cover it. Since there is a chip on the bottom corner, makes no sense. The chip has been there and documented since the first keyboard repair and this issue is fairly new. Just Apple quality support I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.