Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malwina Szydlowska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2020
Hello all :)
I have a problem and it's bothering me. One one the lens on my iPhone11 Pro is "foggy". the tricky thing is that when I clean it it will be fine but then it's coming back in exactly same place. Maybe someone can tell me what it may be ? Please, as all the Apple stores are closed now and that is bothering me a lot. I have this phone less than two months ;/

Attachments

• IMG_4595.JPG
    IMG_4595.JPG
    549.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4597.JPG
    IMG_4597.JPG
    611.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4596.JPG
    IMG_4596.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 120

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011
Since you say it goes away with cleaning it sounds like something is getting on it. Either accidental finger smudge or condensation or something else like that.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
What are you cleaning it with? It looks to me like you've removed a protective coating.

Malwina Szydlowska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2020
Since you say it goes away with cleaning it sounds like something is getting on it. Either accidental finger smudge or condensation or something else like that.

Yes was thinking the same but it's always coming back in the same spots :( and I was trying to clean it so many times and nothing is helping. :(
[automerge]1586365465[/automerge]
What are you cleaning it with? It looks to me like you've removed a protective coating.

I was cleaning is just with the dry wipes and lens wipes for glasses. and it was on the lens from the moment I opened the box.

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
This or there is a micropore hole between the lens glass cover and lens innards, which in turn condensates the air due to the phone having higher temperature than ambient. It should be returned as a defect.

Reactions: Malwina Szydlowska

Malwina Szydlowska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2020
This or there is a micropore hole between the lens glass cover and lens innards, which in turn condensates the air due to the phone having higher temperature than ambient. It should be returned as a defect.

Thank you so much for your answer I was thinking the same but at the moment all Apple stores are closed so well do you know how they will treat the warranty ? I got the phone on 5th of Feb and here in UK stores are shut down from 10th of March or so ;/ should I contact Apple somehow? thank you for any help

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Return it. You didn’t damage the coating By using a lens wipe. I guarantee you Apple wouldn’t even have a direct answer for you on this either right away, they’ll just replace it under warranty.

Reactions: Ta0jin

Malwina Szydlowska

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2020
Return it. You didn’t damage the coating By using a lens wipe. I guarantee you Apple wouldn’t even have a direct answer for you on this either right away, they’ll just replace it under warranty.

Thank you so much. At the momenty in London I can not do anything. All shops all close for we all know what reason. I got it in the half of the feb then was the lockdown in March I hope Apple will still be able to replace this iPhone coz paying 1200£ for a broken item is not fun at all ;/ And no I really love my all Apple devices I am taking care of them all.

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011
Apple may still be accepting mail-in for issues like this. The downside is you have to go without a phone while you wait for repairs/replacement. You call the helpline or use the online chat to setup the service and they’ll instruct you on how to send in your device. With stores not an option, this is the only way. You have a year for a basic warranty so you’re covered for a while if you want to wait for stores to re-open.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.