Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 9, 2007
First of all: I'm not a regular on this specific under-forum so please bear with me if this has been asked and answered before. I tried searching for this problem without any results.

Second of all: I'm posting here because I'm hoping that I'm not the first photographer to notice this = hopefully there is a fix to this :)

My problem is that Preview in Leopard seems to react differently to Preview in Tiger.
When running Tiger I used to open all the pictures I transfered from my camera in Preview to delete the pictures I didn't want. Having a DSLR I shoot raw files and these were also opened by Preview in Tiger. Nice.

But after I upgraded to Leopard I discovered that all the raw files all of a sudden is opened in Photoshop by standard, and not in Preview. This would be okay if I wanted to edit the picture right away but I usually edit the pictures after sorting them.
I then tried to ctrl-click on a raw file to try and change which app it would open with as a standard. I chose Preview and thought all was good... But no. Now it's only the specific file I ctrl-clicked on that opens in Preview and not all my raw files as I thought. Not so nice.

I tried looking about in the Finder and Preview preferences but without luck.

So I REALLY hope somebody can help me because I don't want to ctrl-click every single raw file I've stored :).

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
I then tried to ctrl-click on a raw file to try and change which app it would open with as a standard. I chose Preview and thought all was good...

Do this again, but this time click on Other... at the bottom of the list. Then you'll get the option to select "Always Open With..." :)

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Do this again, but this time click on Other... at the bottom of the list. Then you'll get the option to select "Always Open With..." :)

I did that(forgot to write that in my post) but it didn't work.

A reply to the same thread in the "Mac OSX help and troubleshooting" forum provided the correct answer :)

Click one of the pics. Cmd - I to bring up the info.
Under the 'open with' header choose Preview. Then click 'change all'

Enjoy. :)

Link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/411519/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.