Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlyem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a 2nd-hand Macbook Pro 2012. My previous computer was the same model,I was happy with it because I could replace most of the parts and I thought buying another I could reuse some parts of the old one.
The Story:
1 - The computer I bought worked fine but the battery lifetime was shorter than my older one
2 - The trackpad was also worst than my old one
Then, I decided to change both parts and replace them with those of my old computer

The Result:
1 - The trackpad works but the system doesn't recognise it
2 - The system neither recognizes the battery, therefore it doesn't charge (the computer works plugged)

We've tried:
1 - to use the battery inanother laptop and it works
2 - to replace again with the original ones and the same problem persists
3 - to reset nvram and smc and the problem persists

Any idea? It doesn't seem a hardware problem but I have no idea how to solve the software issue

charlyem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2020
In fact the mac they came from (my old one) didn't worked anymore (board problem). So I can't do that. However, the original battery and trackpad from the new one (I wanted to change them but they were working) don't work anymore when I put them back again.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sounds like there is an issue with the logic board since the battery is working in another MacBook.

I suggest carefully examining the trackpad and battery connections and the surrounding area for possible damage.

charlyem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2020
I mean, I don't think it's a problem of connections because the trackpad "work" (I mean I can use it) but the system doesn't recognize it, so, for example, I can't configure it

charlyem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2020
That's thenext thing we are going to try. We are now saving the hard drive data

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.