Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingToby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I managed to install a SCSI2SD adapter in my Mac SE running System 7.1. Now I'm having quite some problems getting software running on the system.

I use MacDrive to copy software to the SD card, everything I put there can be accessed on the Mac. No problems with text files. Unfortunately, I don't have Stuffit on this Mac, and as soon as I want to install it, the computer tells me that it cant handle the file as the programm that created it is not available.

Thus, I can't install anything, as in most cases the Mac tells me that I need Stuffit. I even can't mount the disk images of System 6.0.7 with Shrinkwrap, which I unpacked from .sit files on a modern Mac and then copied over via the SD card. Same problem: The Mac SE tells me I need Stuffit.

I would appreciate if anyone has a suggestion what I'm doing wrong here, I going out of ideas...

Thanks!

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
The second download is a disk image with an un-compressed installer inside - no .bin or .hqx involved. Depending on other Macs you have, you should be able to mount the disk image and copy the Stuffit Lite Installer to the SCSI2SD SD card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.