Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hi, I may have a possible cache issue. I have problems loading images on some websites on Safari.

Here is a screenshot: https://prnt.sc/pXJECyWVL-M4

As you will see, many of the images have failed to load. In the past, if I had an issue like this, clearing the cache would resolve it. However, I may not be doing it right (or I forgot how to do it correctly). Can someone please advise me on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you.
Ryan

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 224

ryan101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Which version of Safari, and which OS? I've noticed that some sites are now using WebP for images, without a JPEG fallback, which causes issues with older OSes.
Hi, Safari Version 15.6.1 (15613.3.9.1.16, 15613).
Mac OSX Catalina, Version 10.15.7
I have 27" iMac with 500GB SSD and 32GB RAM, and 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

It's late 2012, but because I could do "most" of the maintenance and upgrades myself, it's been a super fast machine. I have Parallels running Windows as well as Creative Cloud products on it, and it's not slow at all.

@paardenkapper I have 6 browsers installed. And yes, I also have Chrome installed. I have these browsers because I work online, and I have my reasons. Safari is my everyday use favourite. My second favourite is Chrome, so I do use it every day. But I need Safari to work.

Thank you to both.

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Which version of Safari, and which OS? I've noticed that some sites are now using WebP for images, without a JPEG fallback, which causes issues with older OSes.
Just to confirm, the images on that web page are WebP images. And, they fail to load in my High Sierra VM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.