Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimoneNatalie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Hello

I have Yosemite on my Macbook, and I want to record my singing through Lexicon Lambda, that my mic is connected to.

When I sing in the mic, nothing happens in Garage band. It does not get any signal and does not record anything.

The weird thing is, that it works in audacity.

What can I do?
I have tried to reset my computer, that did not help.

Thank you in advance.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Is your external mic set to default in System Preferences? Just highlight it to make it the default device.

Do you have an audio track set in GarageBand? What about if you unplug the mic; does GB record the audio through the internal mic?

SimoneNatalie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Is your external mic set to default in System Preferences? Just highlight it to make it the default device.

Do you have an audio track set in GarageBand? What about if you unplug the mic; does GB record the audio through the internal mic?
[doublepost=1497990605][/doublepost]

Yes my external mic is chosen in system preferences.
Yes I have an audio track selected in garage band

Yes Garage band can record through the internal mic

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
[doublepost=1497990605][/doublepost]

Yes my external mic is chosen in system preferences.
Yes I have an audio track selected in garage band

Yes Garage band can record through the internal mic

GarageBand> Preferences: is that set to the mic you have plugged in rather than "System Setting" for Input Device?

If yes, have you tried toggling Input Monitoring on & off on your audio track (highlighted in red below)?

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 21.34.34.png

What version of GarageBand do you have – GarageBand > About GarageBand?

SimoneNatalie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Yes, I have chosen the mic and not System Setting.
Yes I have tried the monitoring, unfortunately that does not work.

I have Garageband 10.1.6.

Before I had OS X Sierra on my mac and the newest version of Garage band, but I read online that Lexicon had problems with newer OS X than Yosemite, so therefore I downgraded to Yosemite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.