Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottrods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2017
Garland, TX
Hey Guys... I'm not a Mac guru at all, but am gaining on it slowly. However, I'm encountering a new issue with Safari on my MBPr and am unsure if I have caused it with some settings I don't remember changing, or if it's just Safari or Mac compatibility issues.
Safari is having issues with a lot of things like opening a new tab while browsing THIS SITE, the tab opens and never populates with any text or graphics, but I can move the cursor around and see the page knows there is supposed to be something there, but I have a Full white page of nothing. This also happens on other sites as well.

Also, I cannot get satisfaction on other things. If I navigate to Amazon, it does fine to the home page, and sometimes slowly moves to whatever I "searched" for. Other times I get the Twirling lollipop and zero response for long times, as long as 5 minutes I have walked away to let it catch up and it never did.

In both of the examples I have listed, I can open Google Chrome and use it with ZERO issues on the exact same pages and sites.

This set of issues only arose lately, and not directly after the last Obvious update. The other day I think I saw an "Unscheduled" or "Unannounced" update of some sort had been put out... but I don't remember what the situation was or why it was done. Also not sure it was on the MBP or Mojave, or not.... just unsure.

Anyone else having these issues or is it just me?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Pertinent data below

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.