Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

police340

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Hello,
I am havong a problem with my 2011 iMac updating through the app store. I have had Apple engineers look at the problem and they are not much help. The problem is it will not load major software updates/ Right now it cannot load iMovie or digital camera raw updates. It starts to load, reboots and craps out saying it could not be installed. The best the engineers can do is to blame it on third party software without being able too identify which software. They tell me to format, install fresh copy of sw and start reinstalling my apps one by one. I can be there for a year doing this. The idea is insane to me. Any ideas? Thanks much.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I think you're in the wrong forum. This is for the iOS beta and you seem to be(?) discussing the current release version of OS X. I'm not 100% sure o that last part though as I'm having trouble parsing your post. Sorry.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
I think you're in the wrong forum. This is for the iOS beta and you seem to be(?) discussing the current release version of OS X. I'm not 100% sure o that last part though as I'm having trouble parsing your post. Sorry.

macOS

Reactions: Feenician

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
As others have stated, wrong post location.

As for your issue, while their method seems a bit long to fix, looking for the issue and fixing it would essentially take longer than reinstalling all of your programs.

Assuming they did a memory test,I'm would likely go to a 3rd party program, but only if it's not trying to install from a cached download. In both cases, their solution would likely fix it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.