Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreenApple29

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
hello all
i have an iPhone 6S for a year and a few months now and everything was working great
the past few days i noticed that when someone was calling em i could hear the caller but sound was not great like he/she was inside a cave or something,

This doesn't happen when i use my headphones just when i use the devices earpiece
i dat want to get it on a third party apple service hop since i want to make sure if its a software thing before i go and give it to an apple store

any of you have had any similar issue?
The device hasn't been near water or steam or anything similar that can cause issues to its internals

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
hello all
i have an iPhone 6S for a year and a few months now and everything was working great
the past few days i noticed that when someone was calling em i could hear the caller but sound was not great like he/she was inside a cave or something,

This doesn't happen when i use my headphones just when i use the devices earpiece
i dat want to get it on a third party apple service hop since i want to make sure if its a software thing before i go and give it to an apple store

The device hasn't been near water or steam or anything similar that can cause issues to its internals
Have you tried playing with noise cancellation and/or some other similar settings in accessibility settings? Perhaps resetting network settings or even all settings?

GreenApple29

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Have you tried playing with noise cancellation and/or some other similar settings in accessibility settings? Perhaps resetting network settings or even all settings?

Not sure how accessibility settings can have an impact on this but I'll try the reset all settings as my last option but need to take a backup and see how it goes from there:)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
hello all

If it's happening only to your earpiece, then perhaps it's hardware related where it's faulty. You already used process of elimination by using headphones where the call quality wasn't an issue. I would continue by making an appointment.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure how accessibility settings can have an impact on this but I'll try the reset all settings as my last option but need to take a backup and see how it goes from there:)
Well, there is an option for noise cancellation among some other options related to audio in accessibility settings.

GreenApple29

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
If it's happening only to your earpiece, then perhaps it's hardware related where it's faulty. You already used process of elimination by using headphones where the call quality wasn't an issue. I would continue by making an appointment.
thats what im afraid of, and the bad news is that we don't ahem an apple store where i am and since ei lll find one on my next trip abroad, will have to be sure that ill get it back, fixed, or new at a certain date since ei won't be there for a long time :(
[doublepost=1486107686][/doublepost]
Well, there is an option for noise cancellation among some other options related to audio in accessibility settings.
will check this out thanks

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
thats what im afraid of, and the bad news is that we don't ahem an apple store where i am and since ei lll find one on my next trip abroad, will have to be sure that ill get it back, fixed, or new at a certain date since ei won't be there for a long time :(
[doublepost=1486107686][/doublepost]
will check this out thanks

Are you using a case? Some cases can cause problems, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.