Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roykor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Hey guys,

my profile can not hold my Wacom drivers to power my Wacom Cintiq screen. I have to install them every time i restart my iMac. When i go into a new profile / user.. the drivers are working fine. When i go into my own profile, the drivers need to be installed again. He can not find them.

How can i clean up my profile? I have rewritten all the tokens (i walked through the EHBO tool)

What can i do next?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I do not use any Wacom products, so, not familiar with possible issues.

That said, I'd probably go into the ~/Library folder and search for anything that's got "wacom" in the name and remove it. Then go through whatever setup is needed. To get a list of possible items to remove, from a Terminal:

Code:
cd ~/Library
find . -name '*wacom*' -or '*Wacom*'

Roykor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
does every account has its own /Library?

Cause when i log-in into a new fresh account, the drivers are there and my cintiq is working. When i log-out and log in on my normal account, its not working and i need to install the drivers (again), don't boot so i can use my Cintiq screen. When i boot, the drivers are gone in my account again.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Yes, each account has their own "Library" folder. And it's different from system Library, /Library.

Drivers usually are placed into /Library/Extensions, so that all users have access to them. If Wacom is installing in the each and every user account, pretty poor implementation on their part, imo.

As said, not familiar with how Wacom software works, but symptoms point to something corrupt in the user account related to Wacom. So, wipe the Wacom slate clean and start from scratch in the account.

Roykor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Thank you for helping me!

I discoverd that there is some information about Wacom in the map Library/Frameworks

There is a some sort of map called WacomMultiTouch.framework

Can i Disable this by putting a "_" in front to check out what happens? Does that work?

So "_WacomMultiTouch.framework"

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Maybe. Maybe not. Again, not familiar with what Wacom is doing under the covers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.