Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFeras

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
I was editing my captures on iPhoto and sometimes on Preview but there are do not make sense for me ..

Are there any different photographers programs for free ??

i've been searching for that programs for a long time but i did not find any of them ..

My greeting :eek:

iFeras

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
yes

i tried before but i did not like it .. i do not know how i can adjust colors in it :confused:
and it is difficult somewhat ..

iTiki

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2007
Maui, Hawaii
Maybe in this case, you get what you pay for. Look into PS Elements. Cheap and has a lot to offer. You may be able to still buy an older addition for real cheap.

iFeras

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
thanx bro

but do you have a name for good program

..and about Gimp
can i find any lessons for it ??

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I would recommend Picasa rather than GIMP for very simple photo editing. I think it's slightly more advanced than iPhoto but honestly I haven't used either much.

I agree with iTiki about Photoshop Elements. You may not need all the features right now, but you can grow into it. Using programs like Picasa and iPhone will only limit you and have no room for learning. Try the trial for elements.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
I recommend you have a look at Pixelmator: it has a real Mac interface has some very nice ways to manipulate colors (e. g. it has a color wheel that allows you to visually understand what you're doing). It is also cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.