Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pau.c

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
i have been asked to take some promotion shots for an aquatics shop, i was wondering what kind of shots you recommend and what shots are the best for a website.

i would appreciate any help, thank you

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
What is your current ability with a camera and what gear do you have? You're asking an entirely vague question that tells me you may not be equipped to handle a job like this.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
i have been asked to take some promotion shots for an aquatics shop, i was wondering what kind of shots you recommend and what shots are the best for a website.

i would appreciate any help, thank you

I recommend taking professionally lit, posed and edited shots.

Seriously, if you have to ask that broad a question, you're not the one for the job.

Paul

ComputersaysNo

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Amsterdam
Using a fish-eye lens would be too obvious? :D

I had to google aquatics and came up with swimgear or fishtank stuff?

Either way, my bet would be using a wide-angle lens to show that they have lots of supply. You know, the type of pictures they sometimes use to make a house look bigger when selling it. When Looking on the internet to decide to drop by will only be encouraged by showing that the trip to the store will be worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.