Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shuto

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2016
Brilliant news for the PC world. This makes me feel better about getting a PC if I have to if modular Mac Pro doesn't have nVidea.

Don't understand why Apple have allowed this though. Their way to make the sad Mac professionals happier is to make it easier to move to PC!?

Reactions: aaronhead14

northernmunky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2007
London, Taipei
Posted on the 12th October! Apparently old news I missed!
But that said indeed Apple has been ignoring its pro users for quite some time and will the consistent inconsistency in supporting us I'm giving switching my studio from Macs to PC some serious thought if the Windows world is going to start become more advantageous to run than the Mac world.

Ive got bunch of MacPro's that need Mojave drivers for their NVidia cards before they can be upgraded, and if they dont come, I cant afford to replace them all with new CokeCan Mac Pro's. They'll be replaced with Windows PC's!

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
Apple is dropping codec support in future OS versions. Cineform, Avid DNxHD, Sony HDCAM and other 32-bit codecs will be impacted. And Adobe is adding Apple codec support to their Windows software. Which platform is more enticing for video professionals right now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.