Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Here's something I didn't anticipate.

I'm using a PB 1.67 etc etc. and I have PS CS. Since owning my D300 I haven't had any issues with the raw files until I had to reinstall Tiger and start fresh. In an unrelated problem a fresh install was necessary. I reinstalled PS CS and went to open up a NEF from my D300 and found that I cannot. I'm using Camera Raw 2.4 and never had any issues or needed to pay close attention before as everything just happened to work. Now it suddenly doesn't. I'm not ready (cash) to upgrade to CS3 just yet so I'm hoping that somehow I can easily, without adding tons of extra steps, open NEF files from within photoshop.

Would anyone know what step I missed that would render CS useless as far as my D300 NEFs are concerned?

I have alternatives (Aperture) but I was trying to open something quickly and just stumbled on this issue.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
If Memory serves me right, 2.4 was for D70/70s support, not D300,
From what I understand you need either CS3 or Elements for the latest support for D300/D3. :(

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Yeah I would love to use CR 4.4 but yet it is not compatible with PS CS. At least they were clear on that. ;)

I called Adobe and pretty much got the same results. I tried to avoid upgrading for as long as possible but obviously it is time. However, I can provide a fair amount of proof that PS CS has processed at least 150 NEF files from a D 300 on 1/1/08 so clearly something worked in my favor and the fresh install of Tiger wiped out whatever beneficial glitch there may have been.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.