Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
I was working with some HDR photos out of town on my laptop. Mind you I'm not using the laptop display for final output, I just wanted to have an idea of what the photos would look like upon editing them on my external LCD.

My HDR photos were terrible, but I handed the same files off to a friend, he ran the same process in CS4 using the same settings, and he was able to produce a good HDR photos.

We have the same color profile and PS settings.

Could it be possible that it's a hardware issue? His 15" MBP is LED-backlit and is the Q1 2007 model. Mine is a 17" MBP standard LCD circa July 2007 Model.

My external LCD won't produce workable HDR files either...

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Are you sure he is using Photoshop HDR feature to make the HDR or he maybe use Photomatix or something and do some further post processing with Photoshop cause as far I know, Photoshop HDR feature is pretty crappy compared to Photomatix and one more program.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
So the HDR pics your friend produces look fine on your display but the ones you create don't? :confused: That would seem to indicate that you aren't following the same process to create the HDR pic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.