Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjr1000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
I'm still on the fence. My credit card extends the manufacturers warranty to 2 years, but that doesn't cover accidental drops which is what I fear the most. My iPhone X is nestled safely in its case with a tempered glass screen protector. But still... I bought the phone outright and plan to keep for at least 2 years - unless next years iPhone is a dramatic improvement, in which case I will sell my X. I've read all the threads and know there is no "right" answer and "insurance is only worth it if you need it," but the need to make a decision is tearing me apart. Ok, that's a bit dramatic, but its stressing me out!

Reactions: newellj

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks for the reminder. I must nag my husband. I got my Apple Care + with my purchase. I am not overly clumsy but I have a lot of pets and people knocking into me around here.

mjr1000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the reminder. I must nag my husband. I got my Apple Care + with my purchase. I am not overly clumsy but I have a lot of pets and people knocking into me around here.
Those porgs tend to get into everything.

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
I'm still on the fence. My credit card extends the manufacturers warranty to 2 years, but that doesn't cover accidental drops which is what I fear the most. My iPhone X is nestled safely in its case with a tempered glass screen protector. But still... I bought the phone outright and plan to keep for at least 2 years - unless next years iPhone is a dramatic improvement, in which case I will sell my X. I've read all the threads and know there is no "right" answer and "insurance is only worth it if you need it," but the need to make a decision is tearing me apart. Ok, that's a bit dramatic, but its stressing me out!

Well, I always buy AppleCare+ and it's gotten my Apple Watch and an iPhone 5s replaced outright destroying more than the screen, at least 6-7 screens replaced on my 3 kid's iPhones replaced, a few defective home buttons and several other issues resolved outside of the initial 1 yr warranty, and several batteries replaced before the 2 years of AC was up (but not all the bad batteries were replaced when we wanted that done).

In the end, I'd say in general that the amount that I've paid in AC and AC+ is slightly less than what I've received from Apple over the years, and so it's been a win for us. With the cost to repair an iPhone X it seems like a no brainer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.