Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I bought PSE6 and really like it, but I have a Macbook and a iMac. I'd like to run it on both, but it won't let me. I can only use the key in one place or the other.

Does anyone know if PSE6 supports single owner, dual machine licensing? Can I call Adobe and get a dispensation? Do they offer a "family" pack like with Mac software?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
If it won't let you use the key twice then the license doesn't support that. It's a shame as Creative Suite does. If you phone them they'll just tell you to buy another license. They won't make a special case for you, if they did they'd have to do that for everyone.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
according to their licence agreement you can install it on a desktop and laptop, but not use both at the same time

PSE 5 licence agreement you'll want to read section 2.4

They don't have a licence for PSE 6 but you would assume it's the same.

That's what I would have thought, but it wouldn't let me register the copy on my macbook until I de-registered (un registered?) my iMac copy. I'll try it again. Maybe I had the running at the same time or something (I think I needed to run one, to check the license key)

Thanks for the helpful tip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.