Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timmbo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
England
I know someone who is selling their 1 year old Canon 450D, and they're looking for £250 just for the body. This seems like quite a steal, do you think I should go for it and buy a good quality lens to get started?

I'm a Mac

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Okay, thanks guys :)

While I don't disagree with anyone else here (the 450D or the XSi as we call it across the pond) is a great camera), what exactly are your options? Do you have any Canon lenses already? Have you checked out the T1i/500D? What other deals have you seen around?

jackerin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Finland
While I don't disagree with anyone else here (the 450D or the XSi as we call it across the pond) is a great camera), what exactly are your options? Do you have any Canon lenses already? Have you checked out the T1i/500D? What other deals have you seen around?
I don't really see a point in going for the 500D over the 450D at that price. Rather put the money towards a good lens...

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
I don't really see a point in going for the 500D over the 450D at that price. Rather put the money towards a good lens...

As above its a bargain and a 500D etc is no better than a 450D apart from "HD" video which is I personally think is a gimmick.

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
if youre getting a great price on the 450D then i would go for it.

since its your first dslr i wouldnt be too concerned about which manufacturer you go with. if you dont like it try a nikon or sony. if you like the canon then stick with it.

Orthodox

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2010
brands are brands. I particularly go nikon just because the bodies are super compact. I do a lot of candid shooting and it just feels more "right" in my hand.

as far as models go, the xsi is a great body. match it with a decent lens and you'll be happy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.