Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
I was just wondering what you guys think about purposely over-saturating colors? I personally like it, and I tend to over-saturate all of my photos, especially my floral photography. I do it because it makes the photo "pop" and it just draws your attention to the photo.

So do you love it, hate, or do you just not care, and why?

Don

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
i do it sometimes.

only on photos in which i see fit that could generate an effect that i want to create in a certain theme or subject of my photo.

over saturating can be very useful in some situations but others no.

basically i just work with it and use my judgement on when i over saturate or not.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Over saturation across the board is just unorganized volume. Selectively pulling the eye towards certain colors by carefully brightening them is the key. Basic design principles of using contrast to help make things "pop."

gatepc

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
It really depends on the photo for me. Some photo's I like over saturated and others I want to look natural the same goes for any type of editing for me. I always ask myself " do I want this to look natural or edited? "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.