Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robd003

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
I'm looking for some advice on a decent purse that would be able to carry a 13" MacBook Air and will last for years.

Current purse is a ~$250 Lacoste vinyl tote with two zippered compartments. I'd really like to upgrade to something more durable. It's very hard to find a purse that doesn't have terrible zippers that scrape your hands when taking the laptop in and out.

Ideally looking to spend less than $1,000 that would last 5+ years and not in garish colors. Navy blue would be perfect.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
I'm looking for some advice on a decent purse that would be able to carry a 13" MacBook Air and will last for years.

Current purse is a ~$250 Lacoste vinyl tote with two zippered compartments. I'd really like to upgrade to something more durable. It's very hard to find a purse that doesn't have terrible zippers that scrape your hands when taking the laptop in and out.

Ideally looking to spend less than $1,000 that would last 5+ years and not in garish colors. Navy blue would be perfect.
Are you expecting to carry other things in the bag beside the MBA? Do you want handles/backpack style/sling/ or over the shoulder? Leather? Zippers or sleeve type bag? Have you tried looking on Etsy?

Reactions: KaliYoni

robd003

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Are you expecting to carry other things in the bag beside the MBA? Do you want handles/backpack style/sling/ or over the shoulder? Leather? Zippers or sleeve type bag? Have you tried looking on Etsy?
Yes, the goal is to have a purse that can carry other things besides the laptop.

I'd like a should-carry tote style bag.

I've looked at Etsy, but it seems to be mostly laptop sleeves or full briefcase style bags for men.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
If you are looking for a dual purpose handbag, I would think that you could look at various retailers such as Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Coach, Kate Spade NY, etc. It's hard to give suggestions when only you know your requirements. If you are not satisfied with a zipper-top hand bag, have you looked a flap/envelope-type bag?

Reactions: Clix Pix

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
A few years ago I purchased a messenger-style bag (shoulder -- also can be used as cross-body bag) which works out really nicely for carrying whatever device I might want to take with me at a given time plus allowing plenty of space for the usual day-to-day wallet/sunglasses/keys, etc., stuff as well. It has the flap opening and that does make accessing whatever I need in there a lot easier and quicker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.