Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
Hi everyone,

I am just in the process of putting together a Book of photos using the software in iPhoto. Has anyone got any experience of this and got any tips and advice. Most of the photos are quite old and have been scanned into iPhoto so I am a bit worried how they will come out in a book.

I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Mark

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I would just say make sure the scans are fairly high res/dpi. I've done a couple of books using digital photos myself. Great books and nice price.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
I ordered three books last Christmas and they were beautiful, I was thrilled with them. As the poster said above the key is to make sure they're hi-res photos, anything less than that will be a disappointment, as I discovered to my cost with a few of my picks. :eek: Usually, though - as far as I can remember - you're warned when you're building the book if the photo isn't hi-res enough.

bootedbear

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2004
Austin, TX
iPhoto will warn you if the scans are too lo-res.

I scanned a bunch of photos from my Mother's wedding from 1953 and put together a book for each of my siblings for Christmas last year. I loved it and so did they.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.