Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPodClassic1

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
Antarctica
Hi, I'm playing around with Python using the Selenium WebDriver, and I'm trying a simple script that will open up a browser window and automate some work stuff; however, the browser window has an orange address bar, and whenever I want to interact with it, it just pops up.

Which kinda breaks my workflow, since I need to enter some text using Pyautogui, and then Safari shows up this popup to stop the test mode (see screenshot, it's in spanish but I guess you know what I mean).

Captura+de+pantalla+2018-08-31+a+las+18.01.42.png

Does anyone know how to use safari with Selenium without having to be in this mode?

Thanks in advance!

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Do you have to use Safari? the Selenium drivers for Safari are not that great from what I have heard.

Chrome is by far the better choice if you want to automate websites.

iPodClassic1

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
Antarctica
Do you have to use Safari? the Selenium drivers for Safari are not that great from what I have heard.

Chrome is by far the better choice if you want to automate websites.

Hello. Yes, Chrome kills my batt, Safari is the one that allows me to keep the most battery on my laptop. And sometimes I work away from plugs so I need my battery to last as much as possible.

I know Safari has really poopy support for Se. but is it that bad?

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
To be honest I don't know. I never tried it purely because of word of mouth. I hate using the IE drivers as well as they just don't work as well as Chrome.

Have you tried chrome-headless? maybe this will be more forgiving with the battery as it doesn't actually render a page on the screen.

iPodClassic1

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2017
Antarctica
To be honest I don't know. I never tried it purely because of word of mouth. I hate using the IE drivers as well as they just don't work as well as Chrome.

Have you tried chrome-headless? maybe this will be more forgiving with the battery as it doesn't actually render a page on the screen.

I googled it and it's not really what I need. I need to automate my work tasks and logins on Safari, for using. And it has to be Safari because I work long hours outside home with no access to an electrical socket, so saving battery is a must. Thanks anyway for the recommendation!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.