Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheapuppy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2020
Chicago IL
Hey guys,

I have an issue on my Mac Pro 4,1 > 5,1 that has developed over the past few weeks. I've been on Monterey until last week, although the issue with the Bluetooth 4 upgrade I did about a year ago has been ongoing for months. The Bluetooth would cut out intermittently after connecting, typically streaming to a Bluetooth speaker or connecting a BT mouse or keyboard. Now it is no longer "working at all" - what I mean by that is whenever I try to pair a new device or use an existing one that was already paired, it just does not connect at all. The BT shows up correctly under System Properties.

I upgraded to Ventura, making sure to install a USB 3.0 PCI card in order to connect the wired keyboard/mouse to prevent the USB 1.1 from engaging. The Ventura upgrade went fine, but the BT issue is still there. Again, I'm unable to connect to my Beats BT headset but yet this headset connects fine to my old 2006 Macbook with no issues.

Now my question: I'd like to reset the NVRAM to see if that fixes the issue, but I'm afraid to do so, because I'm assuming that in doing so, I will wipe out my OLCP EFI boot. Is this accurate? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm using the latest OLCP 1.5.0.

Thanks in advance! JP

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.