Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wonslung

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
i am wondering if the iPad Pro is capable of fast charging in the same way as the iPhone X and does it make the same double noise to let you know that it is fast charging. The reason I ask is that I am using an Anker charger with an official Apple cable for my iPhone X which works fine for fast charging but it doesn’t seem to work for the iPad. I don’t mind buying an official 29 watt charger for the iPad if that is likely my issue, but I don’t want to spend the money if I don’t need to.

So does the iPad Pro make the double charge sound?

ctg7w6

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Hmmm. I have a X and a Pro, have fast charged both, and have never noticed the noise! And yes, I know it was fast charging lol. Just never noticed the noise!

Reactions: RevTEG

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Both versions of the iPad Pro 12.9” and the iPad Pro 10.5” are capable of fast charging. To the best of my knowledge, they do not make the double charging sound, even though they are definitely fast charging (the 12.9” takes FOREVER to charge on the included 12W charger). The 9.7” iPad Pro is not capable of fast charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.