Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoundMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Hi Everybody,

I bought this Keyboard today and after downloading the Solar app and reading reviews it got me thinking. Can anyone help explain the issues these people are having with Log files and how I can see if my keyboard suffer's the same problems.

I'm happy with the keyboard (1 hour old) but not having backlight or options replacing the battery worry's me.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/solar-app/id450545814?mt=12

Should I be using another app to see my current battery power etc.

Thank you:)

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
I have the K750 (a couple actually) and use it with my Mac Pro.

I have never used that app you linked, but I might check it out.

What is the actual issue that is concerning you? I recommend just turning it on and using it. There's not a lot that can go wrong with it.. besides for ~$30 even if it only last a couple of years it's not a big loss if the battery borks.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Hi Everybody,

I bought this Keyboard today and after downloading the Solar app and reading reviews it got me thinking. Can anyone help explain the issues these people are having with Log files and how I can see if my keyboard suffer's the same problems.

I'm happy with the keyboard (1 hour old) but not having backlight or options replacing the battery worry's me.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/solar-app/id450545814?mt=12

Should I be using another app to see my current battery power etc.

Thank you:)

That is the App that ships with the product. I really dont understand your concern. My experience:

Original models tended to pry open. Current model does not and works well. No charging, no batteries!

SoundMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
I have the K750 (a couple actually) and use it with my Mac Pro.

I have never used that app you linked, but I might check it out.

What is the actual issue that is concerning you? I recommend just turning it on and using it. There's not a lot that can go wrong with it.. besides for ~$30 even if it only last a couple of years it's not a big loss if the battery borks.

I wish it was $30 spent almost $80.00 with tax

http://www.staples.ca/en/Logitech-Wireless-Solar-Keyboard-K750-for-Mac/product_103783_2-CA_1_20001

Reading reviews on iTunes people said it logs your keystrokes, so I wanted to understand how they affects the keyboard and see my computer does the same thing.
[doublepost=1453174614][/doublepost]
That is the App that ships with the product. I really dont understand your concern. My experience:

Original models tended to pry open. Current model does not and works well. No charging, no batteries!

My concerns are about keystrokes and keeping logs, that's what i was reading on iTunes. How can I search my mac and see if those results are the same.

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
You don't need to install any software for it. It just works. ;) So where should it log your keystrokes? I don't think there is a flash storage in the keyboard, what stores everything you type on it.

I bought mine 3 years ago and the battery was never empty. It has a button you can push with two LEDs next to it. If the red one blinks instead of the green one, you know that the battery is getting empty soon and it needs more light to charge.

Also it has a switch on the front if you like to turn the transmitter off every time you don't use it, for example at night when it is not able to charge in the dark.

Edit: Maybe I did not understand correctly what you mean with storing the logs. Just that Solar App or the Logitech software what you both don't need?

Sadly the only wireless keyboard with illuminated keys, what is most similar to the K750, is the K800 without Solar and Windows layout only.

Last edited:

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011

Oh Canada!

I actually realized I have the K760 variant, which may explain the lower price. If I had to do it again, I would have just stuck with an OEM Apple version (I did end up with the most recent Magic Keyboard).

The solar power is nice (I guess?) but is not really easier than using the rechargeable version in the latest OEM Apple Keyboard or using rechargeable Eneloops in the older version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.