Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Horsti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
Hello community,

yesterday I upgraded from Monterey to Ventura, everything seems to work fine (knock on wood ;-))

I just realized there’s a new iCloud Setting for “Wallet” which was set to “off”.

Is it the same with you?

With Monterey and earlier there was no such setting and still the wallet was synced with other devices over iCloud, so I’m confused why it was set to “off” after upgrade.

Please tell me if it was the same with you and maybe this thread also helps people who maybe got problems with syncing because of this setting.

Have a nice day and thank you for your help in advance.

Horsti

Last edited:

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Same for me....the iCloud option for Wallet is "off".

I do have that option turned "on" on my iPhone, which is where all my cards were added. So I'm guessing, if you plan to add cards on your Mac, it would be best to turn the option "on".

Horsti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
Thank you for your reply!

I also had always turned the iCloud Wallet Setting on my iPhone “on” and till Monterey there was no such option on the Mac but still the Cards and Adresses an so on synced.
So that’s why I wonder why Apple added this option but put it automatically to “off” despite before there was already a sync happening just without the option to switch it “on” or “off”.

I don’t know if this is a bug or a feature ;-)

Last edited:

Horsti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
Can some more people please tell if it was turned “on” or “off” after upgrade to Ventura…just curious :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.