Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaikidan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
This week I will be buying an 2018 11" 64gb iPad pro, I saw how pratical and usefull notability can be for taking notes on university, and alongside procreate/Autocad i trought this was going to be one of the most used apps on my iPad... until I remembered a peculiar and important detail about myself.... I can only write upside down, this is serious, I'm a lefty and left handed people sometimes write with the paper rotated almost 90° as it is easier to write this way, in my case since childhood I can only write legilby if the page is completely upside down and thus the text I write, so when taking notes I rotate the notebook 180° and start writing from the right bottom corner to the left upper corner, when I finish I rotate to the correct orientation and now anyone can read it normally. (don't know if this was a good example to visualize how i write things down, but basically is that)

So my question is, can I lock the ipad screen in landscape, so when I rotate it to be upside down it won't automatically turn to the "correct orientation"? And I know notability has a zoom function to write, that shows on bottom of the screen. As I write in this weird way, when I turn it upsidedown it will be on the "top" of the screen, can I move it to the top of the screen so when reversed it goes to "Bottom"?

I know those are some strange questions for a bizarre specific accessibility situation, but if i'm able to do those 2 things then I will be able to use it as a note taking device. Otherwise I will be stuck to paper and pencil.

emembee

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
The padlock in control center locks the screen in that position till you unlock it. Not sure how Notability works with it though ...

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
The orientation lock is on top of the UI layer of the whole OS. Every app will work fine with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.