Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
Hi all,

I would actually like to hear back from members that have experience with any scenarios after this update from Apple. I'm currently on MacOS 14.7 and am considering updating to 15.0.

17 months ago I purchased a perpetual license of CP1 Pro 2023 that indicated official support to until MacOS 14.6, obviously the current 14.7 works for me also without an issue. So my question is if anyone with CP1 Pro has updated to MacOS 15 and come across any issues? The Dev cannot tell what would happen to functionality of my purchased version if I was to upgrade the OS. There's also no indication at this time when Sequoia will be officially supported their end.

My version of the software is CP One 16.1.x.x.x but also the latest running 16.4.5 shows support only until MacOS 14.6

Would love to hear from those using Capture One who have upgraded to Sequoia and what iteration/ version you have (pls include in the reply), perpetual or subscription (shouldn't matter with the current business model).

Cheers

david_brewster

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2024
I have upgraded to MacOS 15 and running C1 16.4.5.23. When attempting to import images, everything works properly except the Import button doesn't respond when you click it. So there is no way of bringing new images in. I don't know for sure that this is a Sequoia issue, but it's never happened to me before.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 13, 2020
I have upgraded to MacOS 15 and running C1 16.4.5.23. When attempting to import images, everything works properly except the Import button doesn't respond when you click it. So there is no way of bringing new images in. I don't know for sure that this is a Sequoia issue, but it's never happened to me before.
I think many, given their resources, history and knowledge of Apples pre-release Beta OS, thought that CP One would have been at the starting blocks with a new MacOS. Especially since CP1 16.4 is the latest release supporting up to MacOS 14.6. In my communication with them they could not specify an exact timeline when MacOS 15 will finally be supported, in their Announcements however there was this:

Almost missed that you were the same person on the CP One forum and also here answering my question. :)

Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 07.00.03.png

Last edited:
Reactions: david_brewster
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.