Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FMRWin10Boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2021
I have a quick question. Will the new Macbook Pro Max have super fast browsing? I’m currently running a Macbook 13 2020 Intel i5 16 gig memory and I do a lot of work on Salesforce. I find the Mac incredibly slow on Salesforce. Will the new Macbook with all its power help in the department? Thank you!

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Have a look here for some potential tuning tips:

I find Salesforce can sometimes just be slow, you have a Mac with 16GB of RAM that's plenty to load a website. I can't imagine a MacBook Pro maxed out is going to make any difference.

michalm

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2014
I have a quick question. Will the new Macbook Pro Max have super fast browsing? I’m currently running a Macbook 13 2020 Intel i5 16 gig memory and I do a lot of work on Salesforce. I find the Mac incredibly slow on Salesforce. Will the new Macbook with all its power help in the department? Thank you!
Salesforce is using a lot of authentication hops across their site. Make sure you disable all privacy-protecting features in Safari.

I'd also just download Edge/Chrome for performance comparison between the two browsers. That should tell you more about the nature of the slowness. Either way, the machine has plenty of horsepower to run Salesforce the best it could be run.

FMRWin10Boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2021
Salesforce is using a lot of authentication hops across their site. Make sure you disable all privacy-protecting features in Safari.

I'd also just download Edge/Chrome for performance comparison between the two browsers. That should tell you more about the nature of the slowness. Either way, the machine has plenty of horsepower to run Salesforce the best it could be run.
Ok thanks. So does that mean the new Apple silicon will let Salesforce run a lot more efficiently and faster? I currentl use Edge on my Macbook. I plan to clear the history and cookies today to see if that helps. For example, drop down menus take forever to load. I plan to purchase the new 14” Macbook but was wondering if all the new horse power will help make Salesforce quicker.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
It’s really not going to make any difference with Salesforce. If you have other reasons for purchasing the MacBook go for it. But if you are just looking for a speed boost in Salesforce, it’s not going to happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.