Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superted666

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Im opening a new forum shortly designed as a community place for sony alpha owners as the sony slr catalogue increases.

Dont want sony bashers just need to no if i am allowed to post the URL on here?

Thanks

Ed

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
PM a Mod and they will be able to tell you whether that type of URL posting is appropriate or not. I personally don't see any harm based on what you've described, but blatant advertising of any sort (especially something off topic in nature such as this) could be deemed as spam.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
superted666 said:
Im opening a new forum shortly designed as a community place for sony alpha owners as the sony slr catalogue increases.

Dont want sony bashers just need to no if i am allowed to post the URL on here?

Thanks

Ed

Many people have posted URLs to other forums here. I've done it. If someone has some very specific Nikon related questions It's OK to point then to where they could find some answers. So when people bring up the topic of the Sony Alpha, yes by all means tell then where the Alpha experts hang out.

Advertizing a site may be going to far but if the subject come up that's different.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
ChrisA said:
Many people have posted URLs to other forums here. I've done it. If someone has some very specific Nikon related questions It's OK to point then to where they could find some answers. So when people bring up the topic of the Sony Alpha, yes by all means tell then where the Alpha experts hang out.

Advertizing a site may be going to far but if the subject come up that's different.

I agree. As I said, I personally don't see any problem with it either, but better to ask just in case. ;) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.