Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
So i imported my iPhoto 09 library to Aperture 3 and now all the pics where I used to blemish brush in iPhoto are messed up. Any idea how to fix it?

For example if I used the blemish brush on someones face, the pic in aperture doesn't show the finish properly, its like lines over where i applied the brush...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think you are likely going to be getting little help since this app was just released today. I understand there is a trial but it's been less than 10 hours since it's been up online.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
also, how do i use aperture as my primary photo organizer and ditch iPhoto?

even though i imported everything, in the metatag for the pics the project path still says iphoto

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
also, how do i use aperture as my primary photo organizer and ditch iPhoto?

even though i imported everything, in the metatag for the pics the project path still says iphoto

In iPhoto Preferences, change Connecting Camera Opens... to Aperture.

I don't know about the path. It could be just a recording of where it was imported from so you can find the original.

The iPhoto Library contains two folders. One is Original and contains the original pic and the other is Modified and contains the edited versions. Aperture may have imported the Original folder, so you don't see your editing work. All this is just educated guessing. I'm working mainly with iPhoto and have imported my library to Aperture 2 demo.

To see the two folders in iPhoto, Right-click on the application icon and select Show Package Contents.

Dale

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-09 at 8.50.55 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-09 at 8.50.55 PM.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.