Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbb155

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
I need a quick jpeg editor, dont want to import the pix into imovie, or open up photoshop. Just a program to do quick crops and resizes.... can anyone point to something (prefer freeware, but who doesnt).

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
I need a quick jpeg editor, dont want to import the pix into imovie, or open up photoshop. Just a program to do quick crops and resizes.... can anyone point to something (prefer freeware, but who doesnt).

Nothing beats Graphic Converter, although you can do a lot more than just editing JPEG images. In fact, GC has been called "the poor ma's PhotoShop" for good reasons. It's an outstanding application, and only costs $35.00 with a lifetime free of updates.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Nothing beats Graphic Converter, although you can do a lot more than just editing JPEG images. In fact, GC has been called "the poor ma's PhotoShop" for good reasons. It's an outstanding application, and only costs $35.00 with a lifetime free of updates.
I have been a paid GraphicConverter user for years. It is updated often although it is updated less often now than it used to be. It is fully-functional nagware. Paying the license fee disables the nag. It entitles the licensee to many updates, but not for a lifetime. I paid a license fee in 2000, 2002, 2006, and twice in 2007. I paid the fees because the application is worth it.

One app not yet mentioned is iPhoto. It is not as powerful as GraphicConverter or Photoshop Elements, but it is an excellent editor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.