Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeppelin68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I have a 8gb mini sd card that came with an SD adapter that I use for my phone, if I use the sd adapter can I use this is my camera?

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
4GB normal-sized regular SD exist. Maybe 8.

But for miniSD or microSD, maybe everything above 2GB is HC (not "HD"), as in miniSDHC and microSDHC. I don't know. Look at the logo on the card.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
What camera do you have? That will tell us a lot. If it is say a Canon XSi then it should be no issues, if it is something a little bit older it is hit & miss where the higher end devices might be hits and the lower end models misses, if it is a few years old and pre SDHC then pretty much miss all the way through.

Then of course there is the file system, my old Fuji camera only supports Fat16 & 2GB cards and I had to email them to confirm this as back in 2003 when I got it large cards werent all the rage :)

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
And there are SD-only cameras that can't format FAT32, but will happily used cards formatted in this way properly elsewhere.

The Mac does not format SD cards in FAT32 properly without some hacking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.