Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoungLostTech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
Is there any possible way to have a shortcut to an app settings? I would like to streamline the process of turning on and off the location services of a specific app without having to go to settings, going to the app and then clicking location services, and then toggling back and forth between always or never. so a shortcut that would either make this toggle for me automatically, or at least get me right to the page where I can just toggle back and forth would be greatly appreciated. Any help? One iPhone is stock on the latest version iOS and the other iPhone I would also like this as a possibility on is jailbroken on the latest jailbroken firmware.

Reactions: Mike_p823

Mike_p823

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2018
Is there any possible way to have a shortcut to an app settings? I would like to streamline the process of turning on and off the location services of a specific app without having to go to settings, going to the app and then clicking location services, and then toggling back and forth between always or never. so a shortcut that would either make this toggle for me automatically, or at least get me right to the page where I can just toggle back and forth would be greatly appreciated. Any help? One iPhone is stock on the latest version iOS and the other iPhone I would also like this as a possibility on is jailbroken on the latest jailbroken firmware.
Did anybody answer you? I still can’t get to the actual app but I did get as far as the settings. Here’s that shortcut: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/8c98defa44474e9c8246a0d55f83c577

Reactions: forrie

wakimac

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2022
open shortcuts app / + / Add action / Web / Find and select Open URL / input prefs:root=Privacy&path=LOCATION

CombatWombats

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2022
I needed to do this for the State Farm Drive Safe & Save app - for me the URL was prefs:root=Privacy&path=LOCATION/com.statefarm.DriveSafeAndSave

Open Shortcuts App / + / Add Action / Web / URL / input prefs:root=Privacy&path=LOCATION/com.statefarm/DriveSafeAndSave / Add Action / Open URLs

For other apps, the URL follows the format:
prefs:root=Privacy&path=LOCATION/bundle.id.here

And you can find the bundle ID of your specific app like this:

Here's where I found the URL - It has useful URLs for other settings, too:
https://www.reddit.com/r/shortcuts/comments/i9rjbh

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
Found an error in the above. I was trying to do the same with Drive Save and Save.

When you create the shortcut, use com.statefarm.DriveSafeAndSave rather than com.statefarm/DriveSafeAndSave

Cheers for the post. Most helpful.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Looking to expand on this. Any chance shortcuts has added functionality now to actually toggle the setting for you?

I have it setup for the Geico Mobile app (bundleid=com.geico.GloveBox in case anyone needs it) but I’m looking to make this even smarter so that the shortcut actually changes the setting. Is this possible?

On a related note, the State Farm app was actually really good about only tracking me when I was driving my car due to their use of a Bluetooth beacon. But Geico traces my every step! It’s insanely invasive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.