Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hyelton

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2015
Started around last week. While using my 128GB iPhone 7 it would start to studder most noticable when going back and fourth between the search on the home screen. And was very noticeable while typing or swiping away notifications. The lag is noticeable everywhere! Just more in some places. I thought okay I'll restore the phone and load my backup. After a few days it started again! (reboots fix it for awhile) Okay now fast forward to this week my other iPhone 7 32GB is doing it AND a new iPhone SE 32GB I got a few days ago with a CLEAN OS no loaded backup or anything is ALSO doing it. So its clearly a software issue.

Any ideas? Anyone else? I'll try and find a recording I did last week

RPB65

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2017
I had the same on my 6S Plus when I updated to the 11.2 Beta 2. Nothing in Beta 1 though. So I went down to 11.1.1 release and it was better. I am now trying 11.2 Beta 3 that I installed tonight. Suffice to say my last 3 changes have been using the IPSW files via iTunes. Already I can tell a positive difference in beta 3 BUT, I will report back after a few days if this changes back to the unlock lag, app lag, etc.

Reactions: hyelton
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.