Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rucanunes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
Hello,

When I connect my iPhone 7 with ios 10 to my car Bluetooth, it starts to play music randomly. Why is this happening?

I want it to star playing a playlist or at least the last music I eard.

Any ideas please??
[doublepost=1488832045][/doublepost]
Hello,

When I connect my iPhone 7 with ios 10 to my car Bluetooth, it starts to play music randomly. Why is this happening?

I want it to star playing a playlist or at least the last music I eard.

Any ideas please??

Plus... It happens the same with my Bluetooth headphones.

rucanunes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
This had happened to me with the Music app. Thank the Apple gods that we can delete apps now and I don't have to deal with that.

That's ok, but can we fix this without replacing the original app?

By the way, what app are you using?

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
This happens to my wife all the time when we get in the car (her phone is linked to the car's bluetooth). thejasonhowell is right - it's the default Apple music app. We use Google Music instead.

rucanunes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
This happens to my wife all the time when we get in the car (her phone is linked to the car's bluetooth). thejasonhowell is right - it's the default Apple music app. We use Google Music instead.

I'm sure there must be a turnaround for this, no?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The problem is the car stereo in your cars.

This is correct. The system in your car or other device is set up to start playing when the device is connected.

Try to see if this is configurable in the car's audio system.

I have experienced this in rental cars. The system would start playing the very first song title, alphabetically, in the Music app. What I did is create a "song" of a few minutes of silence and named it "AAAA Silence" and once that starts playing I have a few minutes to either stop it or play something else.

wx4olf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I agree with the posters above - this is related to the radio system in the car. My wife's 2012 VW GTI does something similar but usually it just automatically starts playing the current playlist (silently in the background if the input is set to the radio or cd). However, if the music app has been quit or nothing played previously then it will just start shuffling through the music library (if I recall correctly in iOS 9 and before it would default to the first track in the library sorted alphabetically in this situation).

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
This is correct. The system in your car or other device is set up to start playing when the device is connected.

Try to see if this is configurable in the car's audio system.

I have experienced this in rental cars. The system would start playing the very first song title, alphabetically, in the Music app. What I did is create a "song" of a few minutes of silence and named it "AAAA Silence" and once that starts playing I have a few minutes to either stop it or play something else.

I work for an automaker and the engineers say it is definitely an issue on the Apple side of things.

dmweinst

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
This is definitely not an issue with the car. I got a new 2017 Chevy Volt with CarPlay back in the fall. My iPhone worked flawlessly with the infotainment system until iOS Beta 5 or 6. Same with my wife's 2014 Subaru Outback w/o CarPlay. I was able to switch between audio apps on the phone and the car radio stations with no issues. Since then, if I select a radio station on my infotainment system, after a minute or two, the most recently used audio app on the phone (e.g. pandora, music) "hijacks" the infotainment system and starts playing. If i switch back to radio it happens a couple more times and then stops. It even seems to relaunch the audio app if i quit it. I have logged feedback in the Apple Beta system. Hopefully they will fix this.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
I have the same behaviour in my Toyota. None of my other Bluetooth speakers auto play when connected, it's just the car. So I would suggest it's the car that's the issue.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
It happens in my BMW and Lexus. And a friend who owns a Merc complains about it too. Hard to believe the problem is with the cars when so many makes have the issue and none of my friends that use Android with similar makes have this issue.

Reactions: gwhizkids
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.