Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I have a Nikon CoolpixL5 and was wonderering if there was a way for me to get my camera to shoot in RAW instead of jpeg.

thanks

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Seems like very few point and shoots do RAW anymore. When I'm feeling generous, I attribute this to camera companies worrying that it confuses the user. But most of the time I think it's because they want to sell RAW as an additional dSLR-only "feature".

ewinemiller

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2001
west of Philly
Seems like very few point and shoots do RAW anymore. When I'm feeling generous, I attribute this to camera companies worrying that it confuses the user. But most of the time I think it's because they want to sell RAW as an additional dSLR-only "feature".

It could also be that in most point and shoots just don't do it well. Before I moved up to a dSLR, I had a nikon 5700. It had RAW, but took about 20 seconds to save it to the card so essentially was useless. Why include it if you really couldn't use it anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.