Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thor774

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Hello

I am on latest Sierra 10.12.4.

This annoying bug started since I updated to Sierra. This never happened before.

If you have reminders that have repeating notifications (daily, weekly, etc) when the notification pops up on your desktop and you close it clicking the Complete button, the notification immediately comes back, plays again the notification sound and then disappears again by itself. Very annoying.

I have reported this to Apple since last year but nothing has been done to fix it.

Is there anyone else seeing this behavior? Here is a link with a picture (I could not use the add image function, it didn't add anything): http://imgur.com/a/vGg3r

I have deleted and recreated my reminders with different names to test if there was some kind of problem with a specific reminder but no, this affects all the reminders with a repeating notification schedule.

Thanks for your input on this.

high3r

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2015
Hungary
Same here with repeating notifications. Also if I select "remind 1 hour later" instead of complete then the reminder won't come up on my iPhone. Notifications is a bit messed on both platforms it seems. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.