Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukiduki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2017
Hey people

i REALLY need your help!!
I'm running an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 (yes, I really still use it, or at least did until now) and today I let Cydia update about 30 tweaks i hadn't updated in quite a while. Everthing went well and it seemed like it would finish any moment. I looked away for a couple of seconds and Cydia crashed so i was at the Homescreen. I figured it needed a reboot (since a lot a of tweaks do) so i went for it. When loading up again it crashed instantly and I'm in a reboot loop since. I already tried a hard reboot (holding both buttons) and also holding the volume up button when it begins to start up again. I've also tried tethered booting with redn0w the only difference this made was that instead of the apple logo I saw the pineapple...

I would really appreciate every answer to my question, even if you just had a similar problem once.

I need to get my phone working again, there's sooo much important data on there!!! I don't see myself out here!!!

Sorry for any possible mistakes, english is not my mothertongue.

A big THANKS upfront to everyone who answers!

EDIT: if i wait and let the iphone restart the reboot itself (which takes quite some time) there's a green line (one pixel thick) on screen for just under a second before it goes dark and then restarts again

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hey people

i REALLY need your help!!
I'm running an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 (yes, I really still use it, or at least did until now) and today I let Cydia update about 30 tweaks i hadn't updated in quite a while. Everthing went well and it seemed like it would finish any moment. I looked away for a couple of seconds and Cydia crashed so i was at the Homescreen. I figured it needed a reboot (since a lot a of tweaks do) so i went for it. When loading up again it crashed instantly and I'm in a reboot loop since. I already tried a hard reboot (holding both buttons) and also holding the volume up button when it begins to start up again. I've also tried tethered booting with redn0w the only difference this made was that instead of the apple logo I saw the pineapple...

I would really appreciate every answer to my question, even if you just had a similar problem once.

I need to get my phone working again, there's sooo much important data on there!!! I don't see myself out here!!!

Sorry for any possible mistakes, english is not my mothertongue.

A big THANKS upfront to everyone who answers!

EDIT: if i wait and let the iphone restart the reboot itself (which takes quite some time) there's a green line (one pixel thick) on screen for just under a second before it goes dark and then restarts again
You're most likely on a version of substrate that doesn't have the holding volume up button implemented yet

You generally wouldn't update tweaks until you know they're compatible with your firmware. And not a good idea to install or update more than 5 at a time (especially on an older device)

Did you ever install OpenSSH?

And I don't remember if afc2add was ever included in the iOS 5.1.1 absinthe jailbreak

You can try accessing the file system via programs like iFunBox and rename the mobilesubstrate dylib file to prevent it from loading cydia tweaks (I'm sorry, I don't know where the dylib is at)

Although, it might not be possible to access the file system if the device is constantly boot looping

Reactions: eyoungren

lukiduki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2017
Thank you very much for your answer!
Just minutes ago i actually got it running with tethered booting and disconnecting it from the pc as soon as the program was done and immediately pressing the volume up button after

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.