Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edjusted

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
I'm having a lot of problems with Safari 15.1...they all seem to be related to History.

Part of the problem started with the Monterey upgrade.
Problem 1: more often than not, if I hit cmd-shift-T to reopen the last closed tab, Safari crashes.
I've tried selecting Reopen Last Closed Tab from the menu instead, but it often doesn't work.

Problem 2: If I click on the History menu, sometimes everything under Reopen All Windows from Last Session disappears. i.e. I can't select anything from my history from that menu. I *can* still select Open All History and see my history that way.

Problem 3: this has been happening before Monterey but I've just been living with it. In preferences, I have Remove history items set to "manually". But as of today, the earliest History available is 4/28/21. A couple of weeks ago, it was something like 4/14/21. So it's as if my history is set to remove after roughly 7 months, which is bizarre since it's not even a choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.