Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dopestar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
CA
I was a bit shocked that this thread didn't exist, usually on release there are threads with 50+ pages of user feedback. But I guess majority of people are waiting for their phones to arrive. Coming from an ip6 plus model to the 7plus I barely notice the difference of the two. Luckily my friends who have received the ip7 are expressing the same. I know the camera is suppose to be the biggest highlight of the 7plus but in time I will notice the difference since I am not too heavy of a camera user. How is everyone enjoying their new smartphone especially if you came from the 6 model?

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I am currently using iPhone SE and iPhone 6s plus and i am super happy with both of them but i really missed the 4.7 size so this time i am going for the iPhone 7 in jet black color which i like the most

Reactions: 5105973

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If you're coming from a 6 Plus, just the speed of switching apps is impressive. It's a night and day difference and makes the whole phone much more enjoyable to use. The rest of it I agree is not that big of a change, but that sort of goes for the whole phone industry. There's only so much you can change from year to year. Maybe next year will bring bigger upgrades.

Dopestar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
CA
There are plenty of these threads, trust me. The phone has been out for 2 weeks...you're not the first one ;)
I am sure they are but they probably have different subject titles...
[doublepost=1475244977][/doublepost]
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. If you're coming from a 6 Plus, just the speed of switching apps is impressive. It's a night and day difference and makes the whole phone much more enjoyable to use. The rest of it I agree is not that big of a change, but that sort of goes for the whole phone industry. There's only so much you can change from year to year. Maybe next year will bring bigger upgrades.
the switching apps I have not really explored still trying to get use to the home button. I catch myself being very gentle with the button. In time I am sure I will see the difference in performance.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
coming from a 6+ myself. How do you not notice overall system performance and speed? Its like night and day. apps open instantly and are loaded to use right away. The 6+ was a dog. Underpowered and management issues with the 1gig of ram. No apps could stay open in the background if you used another. night and day.
sure they feel the same because outside they are the same..

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I am coming from a 6s+ and I don't notice much difference either. I am looking for the improvements in low light photography as most iPhone seem to fail at that.

And ok, there hasn't been the EXACT same title, but there are plenty of threads you could've added to. You have literally said nothing that hasn't already been said before. One poster actually returned his because he saw no difference.

Buy what you like. Keep what you like. Return what you don't like.

I can almost guarantee that people are going to ignore your thread, buy it anyway and then come to MR to complain...just like you did.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I am coming from a 6s+ and I don't notice much difference either. I am looking for the improvements in low light photography as most iPhone seem to fail at that.

And ok, there hasn't been the EXACT same title, but there are plenty of threads you could've added to. You have literally said nothing that hasn't already been said before. One poster actually returned his because he saw no difference.

Buy what you like. Keep what you like. Return what you don't like.

I can almost guarantee that people are going to ignore your thread, buy it anyway and then come to MR to complain...just like you did.

The performance improvements are more pronounced with going from a 6 or predecessors.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
I don't know why people think going from a 6SSSSS will see much changes. The horrible performers where the 6 and mainly 6+.
Past a 6S you don't need to upgrade every year.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't know why people think going from a 6SSSSS will see much changes. The horrible performers where the 6 and mainly 6+.
Past a 6S you don't need to upgrade every year.

The 6s was stronger and a faster version with the A9/M9 Processor and the additional Ram. The 7 feels quicker to me when multitasking and if anything, smoother if you will. I wouldn't say the 7 is blazing faster, but I feel it stutters less than the 6s, which is still a great iPhone.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014

Really how long does it take to switch a app...I'm sure a few seconds more or less doesn't change the experience. The delusions people believe in to make their device seem better. There is also definite animation lag in the iPhone 7, bet you will not comment on that.

cmanbrazil

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
I switch apps that are already open by double clicking and scrolling. I don't see much difference there. I'm not saying your wrong I'm just trying to replicate what you stated was a speed difference.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Night and day from my 6Plus to my 7 Plus.

Reactions: sunking101

Socalshocker

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
Went from 6+ to 7+.

I wouldn't describe the speed difference as "night and day" because that would imply polar opposition...but the speed difference was noticeable.

I did go from 16gig to 256gigs though and that opened up a lot for me (don't have to delete everything all the time anymore)

The screen clarity, speaker volume, taptic, and live pictures (also new to me) though not to 6s people, were kinda neat.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
The 7 plus is the same ol iPhone but done right. Feels snappier and smoother than my 6S plus, better camera (2x optical zoom), is able to take an edge to edge screen protector without bubbles (impossible on the old one), nicer color (matte black for me), and higher capacity.

No, these aren't groundbreaking improvements. But the iOS experience was already great and this phone makes it perfect.

Would I pay $850 for it? No, but that's why I turned my old phone in for $650 credit. Paying the small difference is worth it.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015

coming from a 6+ myself. How do you not notice overall system performance and speed? Its like night and day. apps open instantly and are loaded to use right away. The 6+ was a dog. Underpowered and management issues with the 1gig of ram. No apps could stay open in the background if you used another. night and day.
sure they feel the same because outside they are the same..

Both of these x's 10. Coming from the 6+ the speed difference is incredible. Just opening the phone alone is much faster, app switching, everything. Imo it's a very large improvement.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
Went from 6+ to 7+.

I wouldn't describe the speed difference as "night and day" because that would imply polar opposition...but the speed difference was noticeable.

I did go from 16gig to 256gigs though and that opened up a lot for me (don't have to delete everything all the time anymore)

The screen clarity, speaker volume, taptic, and live pictures (also new to me) though not to 6s people, were kinda neat.
Night and day doesn't imply polar opposition. It just shows how much of a difference you can tell between two things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.