Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2006
MN
I'm looking to get a wired remote for my Rebel XSi(450D) for my night shooting. I was thinking of getting one that I could also use as a timer remote. Canon doesn't sell a timer remote model for the Rebel line , so I would have to get a third party model. I'm unfamiliar with what is out there and my online searches have only brought up companies I've never heard of. So, I'm looking for suggestions and recomendations for what to get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
If you don't mine lugging around a laptop, your canon software would work for that purpose.

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2006
MN
If you don't mine lugging around a laptop, your canon software would work for that purpose.

I have played around with it, but I'm looking for something a little more portable. Something I can leave out if I want to do some outdoor timelapse shots.

get the canon rc-1

That is only an IR remote. I'm looking for a wired one so I don't have to try and trip the IR sensor on the front of my XSi and try to not be in the shot. The timer option is an extra feature that I would like to have on the same unit.

Most XSi compatible models I've found are Hong Kong knock-offs and I'm not to comfortable spending the money on one sight unseen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.