Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mustangsally82

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
I am looking for a good, Mac-compatible digital photo frame to give as a gift. I have read a ton of information online, but I still don't feel like I can make an educated decision. So I'm asking for recommendations from the pros here.

Ideally, I want a 15-inch frame that has Wi-Fi capability. It would be nice if it had speakers, too. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Don't do digital photo frames. Giving a digital photo frame is like giving a weird gadget you're trying to force on someone who doesn't want it - even if they care about tech. Giving someone a nicely framed picture is strongly sentimental and classy. Giving one picture means you gave thought. Giving a photo frame with 200 pictures means you don't care enough or don't know them well enough to know what they'll appreciate.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I agree that a digital frame kind of cheats a good photo. It may be fine for a group of family snapshots but you can't seriously engage a photo that goes away on it's own.
It's not much of a Mac issue, but I have read of some really nasty viruses being spread by them.

Dale

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
.... Giving a digital photo frame is like giving a weird gadget you're trying to force on someone who doesn't want it - even if they care about tech. ....
Nonsense. My sister-in-law gave my 92-year-old mother a digital picture frame in the last year of her life. She thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of the pictures of her children, grand children, and great-grandchildren and other family members.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.