Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickame1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2018
OK..the problem, then it got worse...is there a fix. The problem was that my GF deleted the 'notes' on her iphone. She spoke to someone at Apple (sometimes good sometimes not:), and they guided her to reset her phone which deleted everything...and she had no back up on computer or on phone. So now not only no notes, no anything. She was able to download the music she had purchased from the itunes store, but nothing else..no pics, no messages, no voicemail, no notes (the original problem). I have seen 'products' out there that say they can restore lost data. Are there really such products, or is that just a fantasy..But if there are, are any open source (free or donation), or must purchase, and if must purchase, what is best or a few that are best...and is this worth a try or should she just say goodbye to all the past data she had:( Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
OK..the problem, then it got worse...is there a fix. The problem was that my GF deleted the 'notes' on her iphone. She spoke to someone at Apple (sometimes good sometimes not:), and they guided her to reset her phone which deleted everything...and she had no back up on computer or on phone. So now not only no notes, no anything. She was able to download the music she had purchased from the itunes store, but nothing else..no pics, no messages, no voicemail, no notes (the original problem). I have seen 'products' out there that say they can restore lost data. Are there really such products, or is that just a fantasy..But if there are, are any open source (free or donation), or must purchase, and if must purchase, what is best or a few that are best...and is this worth a try or should she just say goodbye to all the past data she had:( Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

No backup + No iCloud = No hope.

The storage on iOS devices is very protected and apps can't escape their individual sandboxes. So no, there are no apps that can resuscitate the lost data. Sure there are some that state you can just plug your phone in to a computer via the USB/Lightening ports, but they're all peddling snake oil.

Think about it for a minute, if this were possible then think of the humongous security risks of reselling a reset device.

In fact if it were that easy, why do the police and other agencies with so hard at unlocking the phone if all they had to do was reset it to factory settings and just walk on in?

Last edited:

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
I once replied in a similar topic:

no. And that's because:
a) you have no backup whatsoever
b) you apparently clicked a button that erases all of your data.

Look at it this way: if i make a wonderful drawing of a house, don't make a photocopy of it, and burn it: no way of getting it back. It's gone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.